Students shall conduct themselves in an orderly and respectful manner. The school bus is a classroom on wheels. Students should act on a school bus as they would in the classroom. The driver is in charge of the school bus in the same manner as a teacher is in charge of a classroom.
EXAMPLES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR WHICH WILL RESULT IN THE SUSPENSION OF BUS PRIVILEGES ARE:
- Fighting or assault on the bus.
- Possession or use of illicit drugs or alcohol.
- Smoking or the lighting of flammable objects.
- Insulting, insolent or otherwise unseemly behavior to the driver or other students on the bus.
- Causing a disturbance by teasing or threatening the driver or students.
- Damaging school bus property and/or personal property. It will be the responsibility of the parents of those students involved for proper reimbursement to the school district.
- Tampering with or using the Emergency Door without the permission of the driver.
- Throwing or shooting objects in the bus or out the bus windows
- Throwing an object or objects at the bus.
EXAMPLES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR THAT MAY RESULT IN DISCIPLINARY ACTION POSSIBLY LEADING TO THE SUSPENSION OF BUS PRIVILEGES ARE:
- Shouting or otherwise making continuing noise on the bus thus creating a distraction to the driver.
- Moving about within the bus while the bus is in motion.
- Standing or moving at the bus stop in such a manner as to create a danger to self or others.
- Opening the windows of the bus without the driver’s permission.
- Blocking of aisles so as to endanger passengers.
- Spitting on the bus.
- Eating or drinking on the bus.
NOTE: Repetition OF ANY VIOLATION OR ANY INFRACTION WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSION OF BUS PRIVILEGES.
Violations of this Code or any other actions not specifically listed which interfere with or threaten the safe operation of the school bus and create a hazard to the safety of the students and/or the driver shall constitute grounds for the temporary suspension of bus privileges or temporary suspension from school.
Procedures to be followed in a disciplinary action resulting in a temporary loss of bus transportation or suspension are outlined in in the District’s Student Suspension Regulation. Students shall be entitled to due process as outlined in the Student Suspension Policy.