WPS District Strategic Plan
Moving Forward and Upward…Together!
Warwick Public Schools encourages community participation in new strategic plan development
Dear valued school community members,
We at Warwick Public Schools want you to know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us, and we encourage your participation as our district moves forward in developing the next strategic plan, which will be created through a series of meetings and forums open to all.
The Strategic Plan Development Committee – made up of parents, teachers, principals, support staff members and district administration, recently formed after the members signed up to participate – urges students and other interested individuals to join the group that meets monthly in the training room located on the lower level of the Gorton Administration Building, 69 Draper Ave.
Students are at the center of everything we do, and student voice is imperative. That’s why we’re encouraging our students to come to the table to share their ideas throughout this process, and a forum dedicated to student voice is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 25 in the cafeteria of Warwick Veterans Junior High School, 2401 West Shore Road.
The committee’s next work session meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 17, from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., in the Gorton Administration Building. All are welcome to attend.
Several important stakeholders are involved in the plan, including students, educators, parents and families, as well as higher education and business partners in the surrounding community, who will have multiple opportunities to provide feedback, concerns and ideas.
The tentative schedule, including work sessions for the development committee and forums, is as follows:
- Wednesday, Jan. 17 – Committee work session, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., 69 Draper Ave.
- Thursday, Jan. 25 – student voice forum, Warwick Veterans Junior High School in the cafeteria, 2401 West Shore Road 4:00 p.m to 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 8 – committee work session, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., 69 Draper Ave.
- Thursday, Feb. 22 – stakeholder outreach/forum, time and location to be determined
- Wednesday, March 7 – committee work session, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., 69 Draper Ave.
- Thursday, March 29 – stakeholder outreach/forum, time and location to be determined
- Thursday, April 12 – committee work session, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., 69 Draper Ave.
- Thursday, April 26 – time and location to be determined
- Thursday, May 24 – committee work session, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., 69 Draper Ave.
- Thursday, May 31 – final committee work session, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., 69 Draper Ave., and dissemination plan
For more information about the committee or how to get involved, contact Sheryl Rabbitt at her office at 401-734-3055, work cell at 401-602-2247, or email@example.com. Sheryl’s secretary, Jennifer French, can also field questions at 401-734-3076 should Sheryl be unavailable.
We hope you’ll join us, as we continue moving forward and upward … together.
Superintendent Philip Thornton