Welcome to Warwick Public Schools! Our district consists of the Warwick Early Childhood Center at John Brown Francis, thirteen Elementary Schools, two Middle Schools, two High Schools, and the Warwick Area Career and Technical Center. In most cases the school a child will attend is decided by the child’s home address.* The child’s parent or guardian should come to our offices to register a student for school if at all possible.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-21 School year will open on January 21, 2020. Children enrolling in Kindergarten must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2020. Kindergarten registration begins online on our Registration Gateway – cas.warwickschools.org. Select “New Student Registration” at the bottom of the page to create a registration account and begin entering your child’s information.
Please note that some of our elementary Kindergarten classrooms fill up fast – to ensure your child a spot in your neighborhood’s school, we recommend registering ASAP.
For incoming students grades 1-12, You can begin the online pre-registration process for your child now. Begin at cas.warwickschools.org. It’s fastest to start the process online before coming to the Central Registration office, but if you cannot get online we have computers for you to use in our office as well. If you need help with registration or have other questions, please call us at 734-3040.
El registro también está disponible en español.
Once you have finished online, the site will ask you to make a time to come in and complete the process in our office at the Gorton Administration Building, 69 Draper Ave, Warwick RI 02889.
The Central Registration Office is open between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
A parent or guardian should be present at the time of enrollment if possible.
*Attendance waivers for both elementary and secondary students are granted on a limited basis each year based on individual household needs. Students who receive an attendance waiver may attend schools outside of their neighborhoods’ home schools. If you wish to request an attendance waiver for your student, please contact the Central Registration Office at 401-734-3040.
Steps to register:
- Complete the online process to begin registering your child
- Pre-registration can be done from any internet-connected device, even smartphones
- Computers are available in the Central Registration Office at 69 Draper Ave in Warwick if you need assistance
- Documents you’ll need to provide for registration (original or certified copy):
- Proof of Residency – Utility bill, mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement – children MUST live in Warwick to be enrolled in Warwick Schools, we cannot register without this proof
- Immunization records and Health Exam records (or provide a Religious Immunization Exemption Certificate)
- Parent Driver’s License
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- If divorced, proof of custody
- If guardian, copy of court guardianship
- Copy of student’s most recent report card
- If applicable, a copy of the students’ IEP or 504 plan
- Once the online forms have been completed, you’ll be able to choose a date and time for the final in-person visit to the Registration Office.