Welcome to Warwick Public Schools! Our district consists of the Warwick Early Childhood Center at John Brown Francis, thirteen Elementary Schools, two Middle Schools, two High Schools, and the Warwick Area Career and Technical Center. In most cases the school a child will attend is decided by the child’s home address.* The child’s parent or guardian should come to our offices to register a student for school if at all possible.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2020-21 School year is open as of January 21, 2020. Children enrolling in Kindergarten must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2020.
Our Kindergarten classrooms fill up fast – we recommend registering ASAP to ensure your child’s place in the school you want.
Current Pre-K Students
New in 2020, students currently enrolled in Warwick Pre-K do not need to re-register. We require only proof of up-to-date immunizations in order to confirm that your child will be returning for Kindergarten. Please bring updated immunization forms to the Central Registration office at 69 Draper Ave.
New Kindergarten Students
Kindergarten registration begins online on our Registration Gateway. Select “New Student Registration” at the bottom of the page to create a registration account and get started.
New Students – Grades 1-12
For incoming students grades 1-12, you can begin the online pre-registration process for your child now. Begin at our online Registration Gateway. It’s fastest to start the process online before coming to the Central Registration office. For households without internet access we provide registration kiosks in our office that you’re welcome to use. If you need help have any other questions, call us at 734-3040.
El registro también está disponible en español.
Once you have finished online, the site will ask you to make a time to come in and complete the process in our office at the Gorton Administration Building, 69 Draper Ave, Warwick RI 02889.
The Central Registration Office is open between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
A parent or guardian should be present at the time of enrollment if possible.
*Attendance waivers for both elementary and secondary students are granted on a limited basis each year based on individual household needs. Students who receive an attendance waiver may attend schools outside of their neighborhoods’ home schools. If you wish to request an attendance waiver for your student, please contact the Central Registration Office at 401-734-3040.
Steps to register:
- Begin the online pre-registration
- Pre-registration can be done from any internet-connected device, even smartphones
- Registration kiosks are available in our Central Registration Office at 69 Draper Ave in Warwick if you need assistance, anytime between 8 AM and 4 PM weekdays.
- Documents you’ll need to provide for registration (original or certified copy):
- Proof of Residency – Utility bill, mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement – children MUST live in Warwick to be enrolled in Warwick Schools. By law the District cannot register any child without proof of residency.
- Immunization records and Health Exam records (or provide a Religious Immunization Exemption Certificate)
- Parent Driver’s License
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- If divorced, proof of custody
- If guardian, copy of court guardianship
- Copy your child’s most recent report card
- If applicable, a copy of your child’s IEP or 504 plan
- Once the online pre-registration forms have been completed, you’ll be able to choose a date and time for the final in-person visit to the Registration Office.