Welcome to Warwick Public Schools! Our district consists of the Warwick Early Childhood Center at John Brown Francis, thirteen Elementary Schools, two Middle Schools, two High Schools, and the Warwick Area Career and Technical Center. As a general rule, your address will determine which school your child will attend. The student’s parent or guardian must be present to register their student for school.
Enrollments for all grades are currently being accepted for the 2018-19 school year for Kindergarten and Grades 1-12. Kindergarten registration for the 2018-19 school year opened on January 16, 2018 and continues throughout the summer of 2018. Children enrolling in Kindergarten must attain 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2018 to be eligible.
NEW FOR 2018-19: WPS is transitioning to ONLINE REGISTRATION. Pre-enrollment can be done online only at registration.warwickschools.org. You must have completed the online pre-enrollment before coming to the Central Registration office. If you need assistance with this process, please call the Central Registration office at 734-3040.
Once you have completed online pre-enrollment, you will be able to schedule an appointment to complete the process at the Gorton Administration Building, 69 Draper Ave, Warwick RI 02889.
The Central Registration Office is open between the hours of 8:00am and 2:30pm.
A parent or guardian must be present at the time of enrollment.
- Complete the online pre-enrollment process
- Pre-enrollment can be done from any desktop computer that connects to the internet – you can complete it at home on your own time
- Computer kiosks are available in the Registration Office if you need assistance filling out the forms
- Documents required for registration (original or certified copy, documents may be scanned at home OR brought to the office for scanning during your appointment):
- Parent Driver’s License
- Student Birth Certificate
- If divorced, proof of custody
- If guardian, copy of court guardianship
- Proof of Residency – Utility bill, mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement
- Health Exam and Immunization record (or provide a Religious Immunization Exemption Certificate)
- Copy of student’s most recent report card
- If applicable, a copy of the students’ IEP or 504 plan
- Once the pre-enrollment process has been completed, you’ll have the opportunity to sign up online for a follow-up, in-person appointment at the Registration Office.
Attendance waivers for both elementary and secondary students are granted on a limited basis each year based on individual household needs. Students who receive an attendance waiver may attend schools outside of their neighborhoods’ home schools. If you wish to request an attendance waiver for your student, please contact the Central Registration Office at 401-734-3040.