Welcome to Warwick Public Schools! Our district consists of the Warwick Early Childhood Center at John Brown Francis, thirteen Elementary Schools, two Middle Schools, two High Schools, and the Warwick Area Career and Technical Center. In most cases the school a child will attend is decided by the child’s home address.* The child’s parent or guardian should come to our offices to register a student for school if at all possible.
Students are now welcome to register for the 2019-20 school year for Grades 1-12. Kindergarten Registration for the 2019-20 School year began on January 14, 2019. Children enrolling in Kindergarten must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2019.
You can now begin registering your child for school on the web. Begin at cas.warwickschools.org. It’s fastest to start the process online before coming to the Central Registration office, but if you cannot get online we have computers for you to use in our office as well. If you need help with registration or have other questions, please call us at 734-3040.
El registro también está disponible en español.
Once you have finished online, the site will ask you to make a time to come in and complete the process in our office at the Gorton Administration Building, 69 Draper Ave, Warwick RI 02889.
The Central Registration Office is open between the hours of 8:00am and 2:30pm.
A parent or guardian should be present at the time of enrollment if possible.
*Attendance waivers for both elementary and secondary students are granted on a limited basis each year based on individual household needs. Students who receive an attendance waiver may attend schools outside of their neighborhoods’ home schools. If you wish to request an attendance waiver for your student, please contact the Central Registration Office at 401-734-3040.
Steps to register:
- Complete the online process to begin registering your child
- This can be done from any internet-connected device, even smartphones
- Computers are available in the Registration Office at 69 Draper Ave in Warwick if you need assistance
- Documents you’ll need for registration (original or certified copy, documents may be scanned at home OR brought to the office for scanning during your appointment):
- Proof of Residency – Utility bill, mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement (a child must live in Warwick to be enrolled in Warwick Schools)
- Parent Driver’s License
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- If divorced, proof of custody
- If guardian, copy of court guardianship
- Health Exam and Immunization record (or provide a Religious Immunization Exemption Certificate)
- Copy of student’s most recent report card
- If applicable, a copy of the students’ IEP or 504 plan
- Once the online forms have been completed, you’ll be able to choose a date and time for the final in-person visit to the Registration Office.